Hmmmm… Oh NO what happenend NOW!
Every have one of those days? Everything seems to go wrong. The bobbin runs out, the thread breaks, the needle breaks, the cord comes unplugged, and the dog pees on the floor and I step in it as I am quilting!!! ARGHHHH!
Well some of these things can be prevented and some can’t. sometimes it is just that day. There is a simple checklist to ensure that we will have a good day quilting. (I can’t control the dog though).
- Quilt table: Look over your frame each and every time you approach it to quilt. Wipe off dust, threads, and other debris that may be on the frame table. Keep a small waste basket near by to throw the threads and other trash into.
- Carriage wheels: Check out the wheels of the carriage. Be sure they are clean, no threads caught in them, and they are moving well. Also check out the stitch regulator wheels for the same. Check screws to be sure everything is on securely.
- Machine: Look over the machine for dust and debris too. Clean lint off the needle area. Check the thread path to be sure there is nothing keeping it from moving easily.
- Connections: Check all the cords in the back of the machine. All the connections should be tight and secure. The cords should be able to move easily as the machine moves along the table.
- The floor area: do a quick check to be sure there is nothing that will cause you to trip as you quilt. Do this in the back of the frame too if you are quilting from the back with a pantograph.
Bundling straps for keeping all those cords in check.